Sunday, June 24, 2012

The Wrong Turn

Sometimes when you take a wrong turn, it turns out to be a wonderful thing!!  For instance, last weekend, we were driving around town, and my fiance took a wrong turn, and we came across a yard sale.  We've been known to stop at a few!  Something in particular caught my eye this time, and I just HAD to check it out. 

I found this beauty and decided to take it home with me :)


It came in its original cabinet, with a nice box full of feet and accessories:

Now I had been dreaming of finding an old treadle sewing machine at some point, but I wasn't actively looking for one, due to space constraints, but this one was in pretty good condition and the price was right, so I made room for it!  I'm so glad I did!  

It took me about a week to clean it up and oil it, and get a new belt.  I found a wealth of information here:  www.treadleon.net . Here it is, ready to sew!!


Next I will have to learn how to thread it, and practice stitching.  Then I can relegate some of my wish-list projects to this machine.  Oh the possibilities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment